|This page outlines the process you will go through if you apply for a place on a TBF programme and gives you more information about what our assessors are looking for.|
|APPLY NOW FOR SUMMER 2015 PROGRAMME
We are now accepting applications for our spring 2015 programme sponsored by Brunswick. This will take place from Monday 22 June to Friday 27 August.
To apply download and fill out this form, and return it by email by midday on Friday 29 May.
Applicants who get through the first stage of selection will be invited to attend an assessment day on Friday 19 June, with a pre-assessment approx one week earlier (date TBC).
• Trainees will be chosen by a two-stage selection process.
• Interested candidates first submit an application form.
• A shortlist is then drawn up and these candidates are invited to attend an Assessment Day.
• The application form is the most important part of the selection process.
• When we have received all applications we will draw up a shortlist and these candidates will be invited to attend an Assessment Day in London.
• You will be required to attend from 8.15am to 5.00pm.
• The Assessment Day will consist of written tests, group exercises and individual interviews. You will also be asked to give a presentation.
• You will be fully briefed about the Assessment Day before the event (details about this briefing below) to help you perform well at this stage, and will be given advance warning of your presentation topic to give you chance to prepare.
• In addition to preparing your formal presentation, we recommend candidates read up on the PR industry and any partner companies involved in the programme, and keep up with key news stories, particularly as reported by the daily newspapers, ahead of the Assessment Day.
• You must wear business dress for the Assessment Day.
• In preparation for the Assessment Day, shortlisted candidates will also be required to attend a short (approx one hour) Briefing Session the previous week.
• At this session, you will be fully briefed about what the Assessment Day will involve, and will be given advance warning of your presentation topic to give you chance to prepare.
• Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by telephone/email to confirm their attendance at both the Assessment Day and the Briefing Session.
During the assessment process, we are looking for all of the following:
• Raw talent, ambition and drive.
• Excellent research and analytical skills.
• Lively curiosity and a hunger to learn.
• Passion; for current affairs, the commercial world and the media.
• Communications skills; people who can listen, are articulate and persuasive.
The Taylor Bennett Foundation programmes are designed to directly address the need for greater diversity in the communications & PR industry.