There will be four 8-10 week Taylor Bennett Foundation programmes in 2014. An outline of what the programme covers and the commitment involved is given here. This page outlines the application process and gives you more information about what our assessors are looking for.
Applications are now being accepted for the second programme of 2014 starting on Monday 17th March. Deadline for applications is Monday 24th February.
• Trainees will be chosen by a two-stage selection process.
• Interested candidates first submit an application form.
• A shortlist is then drawn up and these candidates are invited to attend an Assessment Day.
• The application form is the most important part of the selection process.
• When we have received all applications we will draw up a shortlist and these candidates will be invited to attend an Assessment Day in London.
• You will be required to attend from 8.00am to 5.00pm.
• The Assessment Day will consist of written tests, group exercises and individual interviews. You will also be asked to give a presentation.
• You will be fully briefed about the Assessment Day before the event (details about this briefing below) to help you perform well at this stage, and will be given advance warning of your presentation topic to give you chance to prepare.
• In addition to preparing your formal presentation, we recommend candidates read up on the PR industry and any partner companies involved in the programme, and keep up with key news stories, particularly as reported by the daily newspapers, ahead of the Assessment Day.
• You must wear business dress for the Assessment Day.
• In preparation for the Assessment Day, shortlisted candidates will also be required to attend a short (approx one hour) Briefing Session the previous week.
• At this session, you will be fully briefed about what the Assessment Day will involve, and will be given advance warning of your presentation topic to give you chance to prepare.
• Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by telephone/email to confirm their attendance at both the Assessment Day and the Briefing Session.
During the assessment process, we are looking for all of the following:
• Raw talent, ambition and drive.
• Excellent research and analytical skills.
• Lively curiosity and a hunger to learn.
• Passion; for current affairs, the commercial world and the media.
• Communications skills; people who can listen, are articulate and persuasive.
The Taylor Bennett Foundation programmes are designed to directly address the need for greater diversity in the communications & PR industry.
Spring 2014 – sponsored by MHP Communications
Application deadline: Monday 24th February
Assessment day: Friday 14th March
Start Date: Monday 17th March
End Date: Friday 23rd May